May 9, 2009

Halftime Show

I am officially halfway through my chemo treatments! Yesterday was the last of Adriamycin/Cytoxan, and in two Fridays I'll be starting Taxol for four times. The only noteworthy comment I can make about yesterday's chemo was my window seat, which allowed me to watch all the cute doctors walk by on their way into the hospital. Anyway, after my next four treatments I'll be done with chemo and looking forward to a month off before surgery so that I can enjoy the summer!

I feel very fortunate that the only side effects I experienced so far have been fatigue and hair loss. All of the information I received on A and C listed numerous other side effects that are possible but that I thankfully didn't have to experience. I asked Dr. K. on Thursday what to expect from Taxol, since I was nervous about starting a new drug since the first set wasn't that bad for me. He informed me that people tend to handle Taxol even better than A and C so hopefully that goes the same for me and is not the opposite! I asked him if my hair would start growing back while on Taxol and he laughed and said no. I know I know...be patient.

After a thorough breast exam, Dr. K. also informed me that the size of the tumor is decreasing! I have been able to tell that myself since after my second chemo treatment, but it made me feel better to hear confirmation from my oncologist.

With warm weather on the way, a shrinking tumor in my breast, and a trip to Yankee stadium planned for next Saturday, I have plenty to smile about!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Such great news! You're almost there!!