May 30, 2009

Over the Hill Part 2

Again, I'm not referring to my age. This time rather, I'm referring to the age my body has felt this week. As I expected, the side effects of the new drug took a few days to kick in and by Tuesday I was feeling like a grandma, mainly because of the body aches. Dr. K. had told me exactly what to expect, so I was not surprised. He's right all the time! Although I ignored doctor's orders and didn't take any of the anti-nausea pills this week. Luckily, I haven't been nauseous yet and with this new drug, the chance of nausea is much more mild so he suggested I take them as precautionary. Since those pills make me loop-di-loopy, I decided not to take them and thankfully did not need to. I'll confess to Dr. K. Thursday!

Despite the aches and pains, this week was easier to deal with than previous weeks-after-chemo, when I was on the first two chemo drugs. I've had aches and pains plenty of times before in my life thanks to the flu or muscle soreness, so it wasn't terribly unbearble and it was nothing like the fatigue felt with my first four treatments. Fatigue is a total body, energy zapping, right down to the core of your bones lethargy that killed my mood and spirits at times. Body and bone aches aren't exactly pleasant, but I was still able to work nearly every day this past week and have some energy. But I certainly took it easy.

It's been a week since treatment #5 and I feel back to normal. My scarf collection continues to grow thanks to my wonderful friends and family, who all know exactly what colors and prints look great on me. Time to go pick one out and see some of those wonderful friends at a bridal shower!

1 comment:

Mikey said...

Can I get you a badass American Flag one? You can strut your steez like you were Hulk Hogan.