April 9, 2009

1st Chemo Treatment

Since today is the eve of my second chemo treatment, I figured I would write about my first one, which took place nearly two weeks ago on Friday, March 27th. During my two hours at the infusion center I relaxed in my recliner, listened to my iPod, and watched my father get up every ten minutes to use the bathroom. When it was over, I went home. Piece of cake!

Besides some nausea the night of the first treatment, the most significant side effect has been fatigue. I first felt it Sunday night and it was as if I took part in the Iron Man competition and won, then was beaten up by all the angry losers of the competition. Fatigue scared me because I did not like feeling so useless and I didn't know when it would end. Thankfully, by Thursday of that same week I felt like myself and have ever since! I know it won't last so I've been walking laps around my apartment in anticipation of being stuck on the coach again in a few days. I love my couch. If you've sat on it, you understand. If you haven't, I invite you to come over and sit.

No comments: