April 23, 2009

I'm a Victim of the CSI!

I want to take a moment to share with everyone how fantastic my co-workers have been during this whole experience. A group of anonymous co-workers has teamed up to form the CSI: Chemo Survival Initiative. Nearly every day, I arrive to my classroom with a surprise left for me by the CSI. First, it was a mini fridge stocked with water and juice. I was given a laptop to borrow by the technology director, so the CSI gave me a hot pink foam case for it, along with a raspberry-colored tote to carry it. Today, the day before my third treatment, they left me gossip magazines and lip balm. I'm getting spoiled! Being at work has allowed me to still feel like a functioning member of society, so thanks to my co-workers and the CSI for taking such good care of me!

I saw my oncologist today for my standard, pre-chemo check-up so I'm all set for treatment #3 tomorrow. My doctor loved my new "gypsy" look, and he declared that my earrings really give me some "flair." We'll see what everyone at the Infusion Center thinks of it tomorrow!

Once chemo is over tomorrow, my Spring Break officially starts and I get to kick it off by baby-sitting my 14 month old nephew! I know that no matter what happens tomorrow, one look at that handsome little guy and I'll be smiling.

No comments: